**INTRO PRICE** Full price will be £6.00
Finished size = 18 1/2in (W) x 12in (H) x 4in (D) (48cm x 23cm x 10cm)
With it's roomy practical size and smart (but easy-going) looks, this bag is sure to become an often-used everyday favourite. This bag features; 2 handy pockets (one external zip pocket and a lining pocket) an easy to insert zip top and clever cinching straps that make the bag more compact and boxy if desired.
It may not look like it, but this bag design uses an easy to insert zip. This particular zip technique looks professional, it's genuinely easy to do and involves no hand sewing (big bonus!). With it's versatile easy-going looks this bag just seems to fit in happily wherever it goes. It's looks smart enough for an up-town shopping trip, or for the more stylish student, but it looks just as great at a summer picnic or as 'loads of things to do, loads of places to go to' kind of bag. Another great feature about this bag is that you can cinch-in the sides to make the bag more compact, this is very useful when you have packed light and you don't want the contents to roll around in the bag (this is great for keeping things like gadgets/laptop under control when you run for the bus!).
Features we love:
- Great value pattern which includes many (optional) features/techniques
- Nice and roomy - easily fits folders & Laptops
- Easy to install zip
- In fact, the whole bag is pretty easy to put together
- Secure external zip pocket
- Smart preppy looks, but still a relaxed style
- Cinching straps make the bag more compact.
Sewing Pattern includes 7 pages of clear step by step instructions with plenty of helpful colour photos and instructions for drawing out the simple rectangle pattern.
You can read more about this bag here.
Materials (to shop for materials click on the links):
- 1 yrd of 44in in wide fabric and matching thread for exterior. (1m of 113cm)
- 1 yrd of 44in in wide fabric and matching thread for lining. (1m of 113cm)
- 1 yrd 35 1/2in wide woven fusible interfacing (1m of 90cm)
- 4 yrd (4m) 1in wide strap webbing
- 1 x (at least) 15in x 1 1/8in chunky zip (30.5cm x 3cm)
- 1 x (at least) 7in x 1 1/8in chunky zip (18cm x 3cm)
- 1/2yrd (50cm) Thermlolam fleece interlining
- 10in (25.5cm) of 3/8in (1cm) high elastic
- 2 x 1in swivel hook snaps
- 2 x 1in (2.5cm) D-rings
- Sewing clips or pins
- Disappearing fabric marker or chalk
If you're in the UK and looking for chunky zips try this Ebay seller.
Feel free to sew and sell! You are welcome to handmake and sell our designs in your online shop, craft market, Etsy etc. Please credit U-Handbag as the designer in your descriptions.
The It's a Cinch Tote. PDF Bag Pattern
Single-use 10% discount code for U-Handbag included in the pattern!
Note: to view the PDF tutorial, you will need the latest Adobe Viewer program. Get the latest version of the viewer absolutely free by clicking on the button below: